Summertime dinnertime – it doesn’t get better than sitting on the back deck with a delicious, light dinner, a glass of cold white wine and a good book. Tomato season is almost upon us, and I implore you to give this potentially wacky combination a try. Initially, the combo of tomato, peach and burrata seemed a little too far out (even though tomatoes are technically a fruit). But as much as I hate to say it, I was wrong. Except I don’t really hate it, because this is light, refreshing and the perfect “celebrate the best of summer” dinner. This serves one generously, probably two in reality (I had leftovers).
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 ball burrata cheese, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn or chiffonade
- Good balsamic vinegar (flavored is fine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Get cooking (or not, in this case):
- Alternate the tomato and peach slices on a plate.
- Nestle in burrata (though it’s very wet, so slide may be a more appropriate term.)
- Toss the basil on top, drizzle with balsamic and season with salt and pepper to taste.